|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and Roman finds|
Several prehistoric flints including one flake of possible Mesolithic date. Piece of Roman samian pot and a fragment of tile also found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 825 873|
|Parish:||LYNFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
July 1994. Stray Finds.
Found at Santon 'river edge on surface'. Small assemblage of prehistoric flints including a truncated blade possibly used as a knife, a small blade and five flakes. The majority of these items are undiagnostic, although one of the flakes has the blueish patination often seen on Mesolithic flints. Two of the other flakes are also patinated and rolled.
Sherd of Samian sherd and a single tile fragment also found.
See full details in file by J. Plouviez (SAU) and E. Martin (SAU).
E. Rose (NLA) 23 January 1996. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 16 May 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- KNIFE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...