|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman brooch, medieval pendant and post medieval figurine|
Metal detecting here in 1995 and 1997 recovered a Roman brooch, a medieval harness pendant and a post medieval figurine.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16 42|
|Parish:||BEESTON REGIS, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1995. Metal detecting.
Superb late medieval harness pendant.
See file for details.
For other pendants nearby see NHER 25472 and NHER 25473.
D. Gurney (NLA), 28 April 1995.
August 1995. Metal detecting.
Roman dolphin brooch, hinged, pin and lower bow etc. missing. Plain. Mid 1st century AD.
D. Gurney (NLA), 25 August 1995.
October 1997. Metal detecting.
Bronze charioteer figurine. Probably 19th century.
See details and (S1) in file.
D. Gurney (NLA)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FIGURINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Ashley, S. 2002. Medieval Armorial Horse Furniture in Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 101. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Sketch. |
Related records - none
Find out more...