|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Early Saxon, Late Saxon and medieval find scatter|
Metal detecting in 1992 recovered a silver medieval coin. Further Metal detecting in 2009 recovered two Early Saxon brooches and a Late Saxon furniture fitting/ harness mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16 09|
|Parish:||BAWBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1992. Metal detecting.
One medieval silver coin.
See list in file.
I.D. J. Davies (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 22 January 1993.
January- Febraury 2009. Metal detecting.
Two Early Saxon brooches and a Late Saxon furniture fitting/ harness mount.
See list in file
A. Rogerson, (NLA), 10 March 2009
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...