|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Part of a Roman pin, an Early Saxon brooch, a Middle Saxon furniture fitting, a medieval buckle and key, and medieval pottery, found by a metal detectorist.
Images - none
October 1992. Metal detecting finds.
9 sherds early medieval pottery.
14th to 15th century iron key.
Middle Saxon copper alloy ?furniture fitting lozenge shaped terminal.
L. Brewster (NAU) 29 October 1992.
October 1992. Found with metal detecting.
Fragment Early Saxon cruciform brooch.
?Roman poppy head terminal of pin.
Medieval copper alloy buckle plate.
Identified by L. Brewster (KLM) 17 November 1992.
Part of large scatter NHER 31425.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...