|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking recovered pieces of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery and prehistoric worked flints.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1581 3025|
|Parish:||ITTERINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1991. Fieldwalking finds. 'Field W.19'.
Roman, medieval, post medieval sherds; flints.
See full details in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 6 January 1992.
(S1) describes as a fairly dense scatter of medieval pottery including large handle fragments.
M. Dennis (NLA), 12 April 2006.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Unpublished Contractor Report: Network Archaeology. 2002. Bacton to Kings Lynn Proposed Gas Pipeline. Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment. Network Archaeology. 179. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Davison, A. 1995. The Field Archaeology of the Mannington and Wolterton Estates. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 160-184. |
Related records - none
Find out more...