|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval settlement|
Fieldwalking recovered many pieces of medieval and post medieval pot. This is interpreted as the site of a medieval settlement.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 144 312|
|Parish:||ITTERINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990. Fieldwalking finds. Finder's Site M9.
Medieval, post medieval sherds.
For (S1) and full details of conditions see file.
E. Rose (NLA), 21 February 1991.
(S2) describes as a medieval site where over sixty sherds were found on low ground bordering the floor of the valley.
M. Dennis (NLA), 12 April 2006.
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- QUERN (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- CAULDRON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Davison, A. 1995. The Field Archaeology of the Mannington and Wolterton Estates. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 160-184. |
Related records - none
Find out more...