|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic axehead and post medieval pottery|
Fieldwalking recovered a Neolithic polished flint axehead and pieces of post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1361 3273|
|Parish:||ITTERINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990. Fieldwalking finds. Finder's Site M4.
Post medieval sherds, Neolithic axe.
For (S1) and full details of conditions see file.
E. Rose (NLA), 21 February 1991.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Article in Serial: Davison, A. 1995. The Field Archaeology of the Mannington and Wolterton Estates. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 160-184. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...