|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric and medieval finds|
Oyster shell, animal bones, one burnt prehistoric flint and medieval pottery were found in the spoil left after construction work on this site.
Images - none
August 1989. Finds from spoil on building site to west and north of barn. Home Farm, Mill Road.
Grid reference supplied by finders.
One pot boiler.
Medieval pottery: bulk 13th/14th century unglazed, some glazed Grimston and late medieval or early post medieval ware; very little glazed red earthenware; one body sherd with glaze on white slip (import?).
Lava quern fragment.
I.D. A. Rogerson (NAU) and D. Gurney (NAU).
D. Gurney (NAU), 11 August 1989.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Undated)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...