|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age to Roman and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting in 1988, 1989 and 2014 recovered Iron Age, Roman and medieval coins as well as a fragment of a Bronze Age sword; a medieval pendent-loop from a bar mount and binding strip from a box or casket and a post-medieval button and buckle.
August 1988 or before.
Iron Age Bury type B coin.
House of Valentinian, SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE mint illegible AD 364 to 78.
Long cross penny Edward II.
R. Jones (KLM) September 1988
1989. Metal detecting.
Bronze Age sword fragment.
Iron Age coin (perhaps that already recorded).
3rd and 4th century Roman coins (only one previously recorded).
See 3 record sheets dated 1990, with NGRs in file.
N.B. the sword was found in what is now a separate field according to 1:2500 map.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 7 January 2003.
April-May 2014. Metal-detecting. .
1 medieval coin, a pendent-loop from a bar mount and binding strip from a box or casket.
Post-medieval button and buckle.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 3 July 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SWORD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Medieval - 1100 AD to 1225 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1300 AD to 1400 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1466 AD to 1467 AD)
- BUTTON (16th Century to 17th Century - 1600 AD to 1700 AD)
- BUCKLE (17th Century to 18th Century - 1660 AD to 1720 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Photograph: EQP 9-14. |
Related records - none
Find out more...