|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Fieldwalking recovered prehistoric worked flints, Roman and Late Saxon pottery and medieval finds including a possible copper alloy mortar or other vessel. Post medieval finds include a decorated clay pipe stem.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1327 9233|
|Parish:||BUNWELL, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1987. Found in fieldwalking.
One Roman greyware sherd
Flake with secondary working
Neolithic and other flint flakes
Thetford type ware rim sherd
Two late medieval or early post medieval sherds
Medieval copper alloy vessel fragment with rib mortar ? or cauldron
Medieval copper alloy buckle with moulded frame, tongue missing 13th century
Post medieval rumbler bell
Post medieval very worn jetton
Post medieval decorated clay pipe stem.
W. Milligan (NCM), 2 July 1987.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Roman - 1000000 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to 19th Century - 851 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...