Record Details

NHER Number:23495
Type of record:Building
Name:Home Farm (formerly Upper and Hill Farm)


This early 17th century timber framed three cell and stack house has two storeys and an attic. A later brick south cross wing has been dated to 1837 but locally is thought to date to the 1920s.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 2828 8694
Map Sheet:TM28NE

Full description

Early 17th century three cell and stack house, two storeys and attic, timber framed. Later brick south cross wing dated 1837. Restored.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU), 3 April 1987.

June 1981. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description:
17th century or earlier timber-frame house, plastered. Steep pantile roof with gabled ends. Brick chimney stack off centre. Two storeys. Three widely spaced windows. 19th century casements. Late 19th century brick cross wing on south end with stepped gables and black glazed pantile roof.
Information from (S2).

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
---Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-[2000]. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service.
<S1>Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1987. Building Report.. Building Report. 30 November.
<S2>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1172651.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service