|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flint implements|
Neolithic flint flakes, scrapers, blades and a Neolithic flint hammerstone, found during field walking in the 1980s.
Images - none
1 January 1986.
2 concentrations of flints;
a) good flint scraper, crude flake, core hammerstone; 7 flakes and 1 burnt flake, all fresh, from a feature?
b) 49 flakes and 3 retouched flakes, 1 flake battered at distal end, 1 blade with retouch and modern damage.
Identified by J. J. Wymer (NAU) 21 January 1986.
E. B. Green (NCM) 2 January 1986.
End scraper and 2 flakes.
Details as above.
Identified by J. Wymer (NAU)
W. Milligan (NCM) 16 November 1987.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BLADE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- HAMMERSTONE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...