Record Details

NHER Number:22063
Type of record:Building
Name:The Old Cottage, The Green


A small flint and brick cottage, probably dating the early 17th century, with 19th century alterations. The cottages contains reused medieval stonework, probably taken from St Mary's Priory, Coxford, NHER 3632.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 8270 2813
Map Sheet:TF82NW

Full description

Listed as 'Cottage east of Bank Cottage'.
Small flint and brick cottage with gable stack.
Fireplace has jamb of medieval shaped stone, probably reused from Coxford Priory.
Otherwise house probably of about 1600, altered and extended in the early 19th century.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU) 17 December 1985.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds

  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
---Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-[2000]. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077785.
<S2>Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service