|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting has recovered a Roman coin, two fragments of Samian pottery, fragments of unglazed medieval pottery, a copper alloy medieval key handle and a square medieval coin weight.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 40 92|
|Parish:||GILLINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October to November 1985. Metal detecting finds in ploughsoil and surface finds. In south corner of field.
Antoninianus of Claudius II R illegible, irregular.
Two sherds of Samian ware, including one F33 rim.
Four sherds unglazed medieval.
One copper alloy medieval key handle.
Square coin weight with Sovereign type between HD.
A. Gregory (NAU), 20 November 1985.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN WEIGHT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...