|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period finds|
Prehistoric flints, including a barbed and tanged arrowhead, fragments of pottery dating from the medieval and post medieval periods, a medieval bell and a medieval seal matrix found during field walking and metal detecting
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 91 12|
|Parish:||FRANSHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
February 1985. Field Ordnance Survey Little Fransham 157. Field walking in good conditions, ploughed and harrowed.
Barbed and tanged arrowhead.
Medieval sherds including Grimston and early medieval, one perhaps Thetford type.
Post medieval sherds.
Found and identified by A. Rogerson (NAU)
E. Rose (NAU) 14 August 1985.
1996. Metal detecting finds.
Medieval seal matrix. To be photographed.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 14 May 1996.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- BELL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Fransham Survey. L157. AJGR. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Archive: Fransham Field Walking Boxfile. |
Related records - none
Find out more...