Record Details

NHER Number:21348
Type of record:Building
Name:Old King's Head, Great Green


This timber framed hall house dates to the late to middle 16th century. An upper floor and stack and a three storey parlour end were added in the 17th century. Later the service bay was demolished and the building was clad in brick. Two rear outshuts were added around 1800.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 2802 8980
Map Sheet:TM28NE

Full description

Hall house, late to middle 16th century; inserted upper floor and stack, and three storey parlour end of early 17th century; service bay demolished; clad in brick and altered around 1800.
See (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 23 May 1985.

Monument Types

  • HALL HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • HOUSE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 279.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
---Photograph: CVS 9-17.
---Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-[2000]. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service.
<S1>Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service