|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting recovered Roman and medieval coins, a Roman Dolphin type brooch, an Early Saxon cruciform brooch and a medieval pendant.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 03 85|
|Parish:||KENNINGHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1983. Found with metal detector.
Coin GLORIA EXERCITVS 1 standard of Constantius II AD 335 to 340.
Antoninianus of Claudius Gothicus AD 268 to 270.
As of Carausius AD 287 to 293.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU), 21 March.
Hammered penny Edward I Lincoln mint 1280 to 1281.
Nuremberg stock jetton with fictitious legends, post medieval.
S. Margeson (NAU), 28 March 1983.
November 1995. Detecting.
Roman coin AD 179 to 180 and Dolphin brooch.
Early Saxon cruciform brooch.
See coin form and list in file.
Note proximity to Early Saxon cemetery site NHER 1048.
D. Gurney (NLA) 21 November 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DRESS COMPONENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...