|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Route of Feltwell and Southery Farming Company Railway|
This railway ran from a junction with the Wissington Railway's Common Dyke branch and was built to serve a 'large farming estate in the area'. It was in use between 1928 and 1957.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 67817 95191|
|Parish:||FELTWELL, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|METHWOLD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Around 1927. Feltwell and Southery Farming Company Railway.
Railway established from a junction with the Wissington Railway's Common Dyke branch, to serve a 'large farming estate in the area'. Exact limits not known. Despite its name it was mostly in Methwold, but may just have reached into Feltwell.
Information from (S1).
 says that the line that is marked on (S2) wrongly shows it as continuous with Wissington Railway. It began south of Severals House (see (S3) in file) and ran into Big Allotment, so it was entirely within Methwold. In use 1928 to 1957. Motive power was a Fordson tractor encased in a wagon.
E. Rose (NAU), 9 February 1983.
- RAILWAY (Early 20th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1928 AD to 1957 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Publication: Paye, P.. 1982. The Stoke Ferry Branch. 124. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey, First Edition, 6 Inch. 1879-1886. Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 6 inch map.. |
|<S3>||Drawing: Unknown. Sketch plan of finds site. Film. |
Related records - none
Find out more...