Record Details

NHER Number:16684
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval lime kiln behind the Swan Inn


A limekiln behind the Swan Inn is mentioned in a document in 1785. Nothing can be seen on the site now.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9997 2549
Map Sheet:TF92NE

Full description

Site of lime kiln behind Swan Public House.
Mentioned in 1785, nothing on site now.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 30 October 1980.

Local maps dating 1785 show a lime kiln behind the public house.
"Plan and Particular of Guist" 1814: No kiln shown.
NIAS records (S2)
W. Arnold (HES) 13/12/2010

Monument Types

  • LIME KILN (18th Century to 19th Century - 1785 AD to 1814 AD?)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society records.
<S2>Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service