|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Eastwood tower mill|
This windmill is marked on Bryant's map of Norfolk made in 1826. The tower mill was last used in 1883.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1209 0912|
|Parish:||MARLINGFORD, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 27 March 1980.
A tower mill last used in 1883.
E. Rose (NAU) 22 March 1982.
However this is the site of Eastwood windmill as depicted on (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), May 2002.
- TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...