|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Post medieval blacksmiths|
A blacksmiths shop, with original bellows and hearths, which was in use from 1896 to 1937. The shop was last used in the 1950s.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1620 1744|
|Parish:||FELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Retains twin hearths and bellows.
Used 1896 to 1937, described in directories as ironfounders, but no trace of a foundry in area.
Last used in 1950s by a travelling smith.
E. Rose (NAU) 8 January 1980.
- BLACKSMITHS WORKSHOP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||*Verbal Communication: NIAS. [unknown]. |
Related records - none
Find out more...