Record Details

NHER Number:13538
Type of record:Monument
Name:Church Farm Mill or Mill Lane Mill

Summary

This tower mill is marked on the Ordnance Survey 1st edition 1 inch map made in 1836. It was built before 1836, was last used in 1908 and was demolished in 1911.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TM 0425 8602
Map Sheet:TM08NW
Parish:KENNINGHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK

Full description

Wind mill marked on (S1); demolished.
Information from (S1).

This, or NHER 13537, was a smock mill. Shown on (S3).

This in fact was a tower mill, known as Church Farm or Mill Lane Mill. Built before 1836, last used 1908, demolished 1911.
E. Rose (NAU), 22 March 1982.

Monument Types

  • TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. Ordnance Survey 25 inch 1st edition.
<S2>Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TM 08 NW M [2].
<S3>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch..

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2023 Norfolk Historic Environment Service