|Type of record:||Building|
An early 19th century corn tower mill that was in use until 1916. On top of the mill is a timber and corrugated iron structure that resembles a nissen hut.
Images - none
Tall brick tower of tower mill, now with nissen hut perched on top.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 16 November 1978.
Marked on (S1).
Built in 1826. Last used 1916. Steam auxiliary from 1888.
Information from .
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
(S2) adds: great spur wheel of timber, wooden bridgetrees, 2 pairs underdriven French burrs.
E. Rose (NLA) 7 October 1998.
- TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 679. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|<S2>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
Related records - none
Find out more...