|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval Roudham Cross|
The original site of a medieval cross which was moved to Harling in 1734.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 9356 8725|
|Parish:||ROUDHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Site of 'Roudham Cross', moved in 1734 to Harling by N. Wright. Marked on Ogilvie's map of 1675 ('Britannia'). See (S1). (S2) calls it Giltcross or Gyde Cross.
E. Rose (NAU).
- CROSS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Article in Serial: Cozens-Hardy B. 1934. Norfolk Crosses. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XXV Pt II pp 297-336. p 323. |
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TL 98 NW 14. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Roudham. |
|<S1>||Publication: Clarke, W. G. 1925. In Breckland Wilds. First Edition. pp 124-125. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Bryant, T. H. 1913. Hundred of Shropham. The Churches of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...