|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Neolithic and Bronze Age flint and pottery finds|
Neolithic or Bronze Age flint flake tools were found in the waste matter of a quarry in 1975. One of the flakes was fire marked. Also found were portions of pot boilers and a small fragment of Bronze Age pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1439 1608|
|Parish:||ATTLEBRIDGE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
September 1975. Stray Find.
Found in the detritus of the south face of a quarry.
Neolithic flint flake tools (or Bronze Age?). One fire-marked, portions of pot boilers, and one small sherd of Bronze Age pottery.
Found by A. Rogerson (NAU), identified by A.J. Lawson (NAU).
NCM (NWHCM : 1975.592).
E. Rose (NAU).
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Serial: 1975. Council for British Archaeology Group 7 Bulletin of Archaeological Discoveries for 1975. No 22. p 3. |
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TG 11 NW 17. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...