|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and Late Saxon to post medieval objects|
Metal detecting survey in 2006 recovered post-medieval coins; and Roman, and Late Saxon to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Roman nail cleaner; a Late Saxon/medieval strap-end; a medieval horse harness pendant on which traces of silvering and red enamel survive; and a post-medieval buckle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 26 26|
|Parish:||SWANTON ABBOTT, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
August 2006. Metal detecting.
Roman nail cleaner.
Roman/Early Saxon strap-end. This find has been re-dated to late 10th-11th century by S. Ashley and A. Rogerson, 3 June 2020.
Medieval harness pendant.
Post medieval coins and a buckle.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 26 February 2007. Amended by E. McDonald (HES), 1 June 2020.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to Medieval - 851 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- NAIL CLEANER (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP END (Late Saxon to Medieval - 975 AD to 1100 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...