|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Horse Shoes|
Formerly an inn, this is a long 18th century two storey plastered timber framed range with a continuous pantiled roof. It has widely spaced windows, a central brick chimneystack, and on the right a barn door with a loft door above. On the right-hand end are stable doors with a weatherboarded loft above.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1440 9366|
|Parish:||FORNCETT, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
June 1981. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"18th century cottage and adjoining barn and stables. Long plastered timber-frame range with continuous pantile roof with gabled ends. Two storeys. The cottage has three widely spaced windows, small sashes, two panelled and glazed doors with modern gabled hoods. Central brick chimneystack. Barn door to right with loft door above."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
P. Aldridge (NLA), 6 September 2006. Amended by J. Cullis (HES), 03 January 2020.
- BARN (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
- INN (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
- STABLE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1152659. |
Related records - none