Record Details

NHER Number:48412
Type of record:Building
Name:St Edmunds Lodge, Bungay Lane


St Edmunds Lodge is a small early 19th century single storey lodge, originally attached to the demolished house of St Edmunds. This lodge is a plastered with a hipped black glazed pantile roof and a central brick chimney stack. Across the front of the building there is a verandah, and fluted columns support its slate roof.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 1510 7891
Map Sheet:TM17NE

Full description

June 1981. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"Small early 19th century single-storey lodge to St Edmunds (demolished house). Plastered. Hipped black glazed pantile roof with central brick chimney stack. Central pointed arch doorway with boarded door and two-light gothic casement to each side. Across front a verandah with fluted columns supporting slate roof."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
Amended by J. Cullis (HES), 03 January 2020.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD to 2100 AD)
  • LODGE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1050242.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service