Record Details

NHER Number:47834
Type of record:Building
Name:Crome's Farm House, Wood Norton

Summary

This farmhouse dates to the 18th century and is a double pile of two storeys. It is constructed of red brick with a pantiled roof and has an entrance front of red brick with some black headers. There is a blocked ground floor with flat arches suggesting an earlier and more regularly fenestrated facade than that surviving today. There is a central 19th century brick porch with a six panelled raised and fielded door.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 0205 2776
Map Sheet:TG02NW
Parish:WOOD NORTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

March 1984. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description:
Crome's Farm House, Wood Norton.
Farmhouse. 18th century. Double pile, two storeys. Red brick with pantiled roof. Entrance front red brick with some black headers and blocked ground floor flat arches suggesting an earlier and more regularly fenestrated facade than that surviving. One ground floor and three first floor sashes with glazing bars, late 19th century ground floor canted bay with leaded casements. Central 19th century brick porch with six panelled raised and fielded door. Brick wall interrupts facade at right angle, with additional two storey bay continuing facade to west with single ground and first floor sash with glazing bars. Ground floor plinth, first floor platband, hipped roof. Return facade to east of this pile blank, of rear facade with ground floor tripartite sash and first floor sash with glazing bars.
Information from (S1).

Monument Types

  • FARMHOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD? to 2100 AD)
  • HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD? to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1153319.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service