Record Details

NHER Number:47750
Type of record:Building
Name:Three cottages 300 metres south of The Vale, Moorend Lane


These three cottages were originally a barn, built around 1700. They were converted in the 19th century, and are of flint with brick dressings and a pantile roof.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9777 2877
Map Sheet:TF92NE

Full description

English Heritage Listing:
Three cottages 300 metres south of The Vale, Moorend Lane.
Barn, converted to cottages in 19th century. Dates to around 1700. Flint with brick dressings, red pantiled roof. Three cottages of two storeys. Cottage at north with two ground and one first floor front window openings, centre cottage built into former cart entrance and south end cottage with one ground and one first floor window, all 19th century two-light arched headed casements. Brick dressings to openings, brick quoins and ventilation slits. Brick coped parapet gable at south with NA purlin irons. Steeply pitched roof with two ridge stacks, one partly demolished.
Interior: roof exposed at north end, two rows of butt-purlins with wind-bracing to upper purlins.
Information from (S1).

Monument Types

  • (Former Type) BARN (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD? to 2100 AD)
  • HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD? to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Photograph: 1980's-1990. Photographs of Moorend Lane Cottages before and after repair, Stibbard. Colour & Black and white.
---Photograph: 1992. Photograph of Moor End Lane Barn Cottages, Stibbard. Black & white.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service