|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Former Church Rooms, Vicarage Street|
A brick building, partly rendered, of 1826 with a pantiled roof. It was built initially as Fisher's Theatre and had two tiers of seating boxes on three sides, but was altered in the late 19th century. Currently used as a showroom.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2821 3034|
|Parish:||NORTH WALSHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1972. Listed, Grade II.
Built in 1826 as Fisher's Theatre, altered in the late 19th century as Church Rooms with date panel above entrance. Formerly with two tiers of boxes on three sides except for upper centre gallery seating. Brick, part rendered. Pantiles.
Information from (S1).
P. Aldridge (NLA), 21 November 2006.
- (Former Type) THEATRE (19th Century - 1826 AD to 1875 AD)
- CHURCH HALL (19th Century to 21st Century - 1850 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1039491. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 625. |
Related records - none
Find out more...