|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Old Rectory, Heath Road, Ridlington|
This building was built in the late 18th century and 19th century as a rectory. It has since been converted to a private residence. It is of roughcast and colourwashed brick with pantiel roofs and a two storey extension to the east which was added in 1890. The west wing is entered through a square portico porch of 18th century date.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3493 2999|
|Parish:||WITTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1987. Listed, Grade II.
The Old Rectory, Heath Road, Ridlington.
Rectory, now private house. Late 18th and 19th century. Roughcast and colourwashed brick. Pantile roofs. South front of three storeys in three bays. Central 20th century door. Tripartite sashes to ground floor, three sashes to first floor and three shuttered attic floor windows, all with glazing bars. Gabled roof with internal end stacks. To east a two storey extension in one bay added 1890. Sashes with glazing bars. Hipped slate roof. West wing entered through square portico porch of 18th century date. Gabled with pair of Ionic unfluted columns in antis. Panelled inner door.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1760 AD? to 2100 AD)
- VICARAGE (18th Century to 19th Century - 1760 AD? to 1900 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 727. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1049963. |
Related records - none
Find out more...