Record Details

NHER Number:46056
Type of record:Building
Name:Houses and shop 10m southwest of The Old House


Two red brick terraced houses and a shop built in 1739. The shop has a double 20th century shop front.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 26917 19728
Map Sheet:TG21NE

Full description

May 1984. Listed, Grade II>
2 terraced houses and shop. Dated 1739 of red brick and pebbledashed brick with pantiled roof. 1½ storeys. House to left, 2 windows with central door, extended further to left with later hipped roof pebbledashed section of one window. Shop, with 20th century double shop front with central ½ glazed door. House to right one door and one window. Sash windows with glazing bars and segmental brick arches. Brick kneelers to parapet gables. Brick platband at attic floor level on east gable. 5 gabled dormers with 19th century 2-light casement windows. Gable stack and off centre axial stack. 18th century pebbledashed wing contains 3- light window at first floor on west end, with wrought iron casement and old glass. Otherwise, pebbledashed extension not of special interest. Date plaque of east gable with monogram R.W. and dated 1739.
Information from (S1).
S. Spooner (NLA) 31 August 2006

Monument Types

  • DATE STONE (18th Century - 1739 AD to 1739 AD)
  • SHOP (18th Century to 21st Century - 1739 AD to 2100 AD)
  • TERRACED HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1739 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1307252.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service