|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||King's Head Public House, 16 Bridge Street|
A 17th-century brick public house with an 18th- or 19th-century addition to the north.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 36161 98861|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
February 1977. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description excerpt:
"Public house, south end 17th century, painted brick ground floor, plastered above. Steep pantile roof with gabled ends. Two storeys...left hand 20th century glazed door. Rebuilt brick stack.
North end, late 18th century/early 19th century, brick partly rendered and painted, brick dentil eaves, pantile roof with coped gable ends. Two storeys...Central 20th century glazed door with rectangular fanlight, brick chimney stack over gable end."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 11 May 2006. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 11 December 2021.
- PUBLIC HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, B. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 525. |
|<S1>||Designation: Historic England. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1373156. |
Related records - none
Find out more...