|Type of record:||Building|
An early to mid 17th century house, formerly used as a barn. The house was used as a rectory in the 19th century, and has some 19th century Gothic details. The house has a two storey gabled porch and a blocked 17th century brick dressed window.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 68088 37919|
|Parish:||HEACHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Early to mid 17th century house. Formerly a barn, reused as Rectory House with Gothic detail 1857. Carstone, brick dressings, late 20th century concrete pantiled roof. 2 storey lobby entrance plan.
For further information see (S1) and (S2).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 2 February 2006.
- BARN (16th Century to 19th Century - 1600 AD to 1857 AD (at some time))
- HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
- VICARAGE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1857 AD to 2100 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 389. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077942. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Gunther, A.E.. 1963. A Guide to Heacham: Its History and Architecture. |
Related records - none
Find out more...