Record Details

NHER Number:42891
Type of record:Building
Name:Runham Manor Farm Cottages


A mid 19th century brick farmhouse that is now divided into two houses. The house has unusual 3-light windows with pointed lights and moulded mullions.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 46514 10740
Map Sheet:TG41SE

Full description

Farmhouse dating to about 1850, now 2 houses. Brick with a roof of concrete pantiles. West façade of 2 storeys in 5 bays. 2-light window over door at first floor, otherwise windows all of 3 lights and unusual: lights are pointed and with hollow moulded mullions, glazed in diamond lattice pattern; square surround below hood mould on labels.
For further information see (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 17 January 2006.

(S2) appears to mark this site as Runham Hall, rather than the present building of that name; but (S3) marks an apparent farm building at a different alignment on this site, thus supporting (S1) dating.
E. Rose (NLA), 28 February 2006.

May 2000.
The building was briefly seen and what was visible confirmed (S1) description. The east-west pond to south is not part of a moat.
E. Rose (NLA), 11 December 2006.

Monument Types

  • (Former Type) FARMHOUSE (19th Century to Late 20th Century - 1850 AD to 1988 AD?)
  • HOUSE (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD? to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 651.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England.
<S2>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.
<S3>Map: 1840. Tithe Award Map.
<S4>Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service