|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal-detecting in 2004 and 2016 recovered medieval and post-medieval coins as well as Middle/Late Saxon and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Middle/Late Saxon strap-end and a post-medieval spoon.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 32 97|
|Parish:||MUNDHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Before 13 January 2004. Metal detecting.
1 medieval and 1 post medieval coin.
Middle Saxon/Late Saxon and post medieval metal objects within area of depression in arable field.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 8 July 2004.
August 2016. Metal-detecting. .
1 medieval coin.
1 post-medieval coin.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 4 November 2016.
April-June 2019. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
ENMD062019 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 20 June 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (17th Century - 1694 AD to 1699 AD)
- STRAP END (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1309 AD to 1309 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPOON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1694 AD to 1699 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...