|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of 18th century drainage mill|
The site of a drainage mill built in 1769. Nothing remains today.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 4421 0663|
|Parish:||HALVERGATE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Site of 'windmill or water engine' erected in 1769 when agreement was reached by John Houghton of Bramerton the builder and Miles Branthwaite of Gunthorpe to provide a new road to bypass the mill.
Shown on maps up to about 1820 after which the mill recorded as NHER 10389 seems to have replaced it.
E. Rose (NLA), 5 May 2004.
- DRAINAGE MILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1769 AD to 1820 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: Williamson, T.. 2002. Report for Broads Authority. |
Related records - none
Find out more...