|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Post-medieval water tower|
A water tower built in 1897 by the same people who constructed Cawston college. It is of red brick, four storeys high, and has a tiled roof. The tower is thought to be converted to residential use.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16186 25044|
|Parish:||CAWSTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
August 1995. Listed, Grade II.
Water tower, 1897 by Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeates for George Cawston. Red brick of decagonal plan. Four storeys. Slit windows on alternate sides, round headed door. Decrease in thickness above ground floor, top corbelled out, tile hung, timber windows to walkway. Well inside ground floor. Steel water tank.
Information from (S1).
Plans and proposals (S2) in file (show there is a kingpost roof).
E. Rose (NLA), 1 December 2003.
- WATER TOWER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF1667. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1250810. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
|MNO10542||Related to: Water Tower Aylsham Road CAWSTON (Revoked)|
Find out more...