Record Details

NHER Number:39795
Type of record:Building
Name:Parish or Town Farm, Common Road, Coles Common


Parish or Town Farm is a timber framed house on a cross-passage plan dating to the first half of the 16th century, with a first floor queenpost hall and a south gable stack. The building was extended by a three storey parlour in 17th century, and has received later alterations. Nearby stands a timber framed barn dating to the 17th century, which reuses two huge, and possibly earlier, S-braces.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 19865 88968
Map Sheet:TM18NE

Full description

Part survey. 10 November 2003.
Timber framed house on cross passage plan, apparently two cell with first floor queenpost hall and south gable stack, first half of 16th century. Extended by three storey parlour in 17th century. Later alterations.
Barn, timber framed, 17th century. Reuses two huge (earlier?) S-braces at a later date.
See (S1) in secondary file.
E. Rose (NLA), 10 November 2003.

Monument Types

  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2003. Building Report.. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service