|Type of record:||Building|
A former Wesleyan Methodist chapel with a pedimented façade and corner pilasters. The pediment contains a clock and the inscription 'VICTORIA CHAPEL 1861 formerly WESLEYAN CHAPEL 1861'. The chapel has been converted into a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 5559 0097|
|Parish:||NORDELPH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel mentioned by (S1).
Facade with corner pilasters and pediment below gable containing clock and name VICTORIA CHAPEL 1861 formerly WESLEYAN CHAPEL 1861. 3 bays on two storeys, central sub-Classical doorcase, other bays have 12 pane sashes. Plinth. Former tall bellcote on gable now reduced in size. Iron railings removed from front, and pipe organ taken.
Now converted to house.
See (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 July 1997.
See also (S3).
M. Langham-Lopez (HES), 25 October 2012.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
- NONCONFORMIST CHAPEL (19th Century to 21st Century - 1861 AD to 2100 AD)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (19th Century to 21st Century - 1861 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 564. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Pevsner, N. 1962. North-West and South Norfolk. The Buildings of England. 1st Edition. p 270. |
|<S2>||Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 1997. Renovation brings out the charm. 25 July. |
|<S3>||Monograph: Stell, C.. 2002. Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Eastern England. p 254. |
Related records - none
Find out more...