|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Mesolithic and Neolithic flint axeheads|
In 2001 a broken Mesolithic flint axehead and a partially-polished Neolithic flint axehead were found in close proximity at this location.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2930 2187|
|Parish:||TUNSTEAD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
2001 or earlier. Stray Find.
A 'stone axe' and 'flint spearhead' found.
D. Gurney (NLA), 20 July 2001.
Pre 2002. Stray Find.
1 Mesolithic broken flint ?tranchet axehead.
1 Neolithic partially polished flint axehead. See drawing (S1).
These are likely to be the two previously reported finds.
Identified by P. Robins (NCM), see description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 11 April 2002. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 5 June 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- AXEHEAD (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SPEAR (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- TRANCHET AXEHEAD (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Illustration: Robins, P. 2002. Drawing of a Neolithic partially-polished flint axehead. Paper. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...