|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic/Bronze Age flints and medieval seal matrix|
Fieldwalking here in 2001, as part of the STANTA Survey, recovered Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age flint scrapers and flakes. Subsequent metal detecting during 2002 retrieved a medieval seal matrix.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 89 92|
|Parish:||WRETHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
February 2001. Fieldwalking. STANTA Survey. Fieldwork No: G12.
Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age scrapers and flakes.
See notes and sketch plan in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 10 June 2001.
September 2002. Metal detecting.
Medieval seal matrix at approximate location .
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 29 November 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLAKE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- SEAL MATRIX (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 2002. STANTA ILMP Arable Survey. June. |
|---||Article in Serial: Davison, A. and Cushion, B. 2005. An Archaeological Survey of the Stanford Training Area, 2000-2. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIV Pt IV pp 602-616. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...