Record Details

NHER Number:35398
Type of record:Building
Name:East Dereham Royal Observer Corps Post


This Royal Observer Corps post opened in December 1958, and was closed in October 1968. A report in 2001 suggested that it was externally complete, although the interior was burnt out and had no ladder. An Orlit B post remains nearby.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9991 0947
Map Sheet:TF90NE

Full description

Royal observer corps post.
Opened December 1958 closed October 1968. Externally complete, interior burnt out and no ladder. Orlit B nearby. See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.

Monument Types

  • ORLIT POST (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1958 AD to 1968 AD)
  • ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1958 AD to 1968 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

<S1>Article in Serial: Catford, N.. 1999. Royal Observer Corps Underground Posts in Norfolk.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 6, no 4, pp 59-70. pp 59ff.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service