|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline project|
Prehistoric flints collected during a fieldwalking and metal detecting survey carried out by the NAU in advance of the construction of a gas pipeline from Bacton to Great Yarmouth in 1997.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 5075 1280|
|Parish:||WEST CAISTER, GREAT YARMOUTH, NORFOLK|
January-April 1997. Systematic Fieldwalking and Metal-detecting Survey.
Field survey on proposed route of Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline (Field/Location RDX 34.7).
17 worked flint fragmetns were recovered, including flakes, retouched flakes, a core fragment, and spall.
See report (S1) for further details.
The archive associated with this work has been deposited with the Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 2011.55 and NWHCM : 2017.395).
E. Rose (NLA) November 1998. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 12 May 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- CORE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- DEBITAGE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Unpublished Contractor Report: Crowson, A. 1997. Bacton to Great Yarmouth Power Station Pipeline Archaeological Fieldwalking Survey. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 262. RDX 34.7. |
Related records - none
Find out more...