|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Hawthorn Cottage, Thursford Road|
A small 17th century one storey brick house, much altered in about 1800, when the central chimney stack was removed and the roof replaced. The southern part of the building was converted to a barn in the 19th century. A block of medieval limestone in the east wall probably came from the local church.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9596 3257|
|Parish:||LITTLE SNORING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Small 17th century brick house, much altered in about 1800 when central stack removed and roof replaced. Part converted to barn in 19th century.
One reused block of limestone, probably from the church..
See report (S1) in file. (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), 16 February 1998.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1998. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
Related records - none
Find out more...