|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal and pottery finds|
Metal detecting in 1997 recovered Roman coins, late Saxon pottery fragments, a medieval belt fitting, post medieval scissors and undated metal working debris.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 13 23|
|Parish:||CAWSTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
July 1997. Metal detecting. Small field near electricity sub-station.
2 Roman coins.
Medieval belt fitting.
Post medieval scissors.
Undated metal working debris.
Thetford ware sherd, post medieval sherd.
See lists in file.
A.Rogerson (NLA) 30 August 1997.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to 19th Century - 851 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SCISSORS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...