Record Details

NHER Number:31979
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of medieval to post medieval watermill


This mill was called Letton Mill in 1389, Sedgeford Mill in 1546 and Ould Mille Brig in 1700. The mill was gone by 1797. A circular mound or raised platform can be seen on an aerial photograph and may be related to this site.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 6936 3713
Map Sheet:TF63NE

Full description

Site of watermill.
Called Letton Mill 1389. Sedgeford Mill 1546, Ould Mille Brig 1700.
Gone by 1797.
Information from [1].
E. Rose (NLA), 2 September 1996.

April 2002. Norfolk NMP.
Circular mound or raised platform recorded at TF 6940 3720 (SMR 26836), may relate to the site referenced here.
S. Massey (NMP), 29 April 2002.

Monument Types

  • WATERMILL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources - none

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service