|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Prehistoric and Neolithic flint flakes, a Neolithic flint core, Iron Age pottery and a Late Saxon brooch, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 28 00|
|Parish:||BROOKE, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1993. Metal detecting find.
Late Saxon brooch Borre style disc brooch, worn, nibbled edge! Single lug and stub of catchplate on reverse.
Identified S. Margeson (NCM) 11 August 1995.
W. Milligan (NCM) 14 March 1994.
September 2001. Metal detecting.
Site extended. See old hard copy NHER map for original extent.
Neolithic worked flints.
Iron Age sherd.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 12 December 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- CORE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...