|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic axehead, Iron Age to post medieval metal objects and coins|
Metal detecting in 1994 and 1995 recovered a number of objects from the Iron Age to post medieval periods. This includes a possible Early Saxon repousse buckle plate and a possible Iron Age pendant from a brooch. A Neolithic polished axehead was also recovered from this site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 16 98|
|Parish:||WRENINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1994. Metal detecting finds.
Sterling imitation penny.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 18 October 1994.
Repousse buckle plate with bosses and stamped dot-in-circle and border of pellets. ?Early Saxon.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), 19 October 1994.
Roman brooch. Hod Hill 43-70/75.
Identified by D.Mackreth.
Polaroids (S1) in file.
W. Milligan (NCM), 20 October 1994.
1995. Metal detector finds.
Neolithic polished flint axehead.
Roman greyward base sherd (very worn).
Roman coin 4th century.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 20 September 1995.
Roman brooch. Hod Hill 43-70/75 AD.
?Iron Age pendant from brooch? Domed object with conical dome with boss terminating and broken retangular loop on base. (Not yet confirmed).
Polaroid (S1) in file.
W. Milligan (NCM), 12 October 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BROOCH (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- PENDANT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...